Created: September 17, 2003
50 Points Possible
Part 1: Spelling Rules (4 Points Possible)
1. I before E except after unless
sounding like as in neighbor and
2. There are 6 vowels in the English language; they are A, E, I, O, U
Part 2: Combine the Morphographs (12 Points
3. phone + ed =
4. stop + ed =
5. re+ceive+er =
6. hope + ing =
7. hop + ing =
8. use + ing =
Part 3: Word Analysis (Take the words apart) (8
9. loveable = +
10. losing = +
11. decisive = +
12. misspelled = +
Part 4: Commonly Misspelled Words (16 points
13. _______ going to the store.
14. That is ________ game over _______. [check the correct answer(s)]
15. He ___________ smell good.
16. I want ____ go ____. [check the correct answer(s)]
17. Can I have _____ scoops of ice cream?
18. Do you _____ what's going on?
19. I saw three ______ today.
20. I don't know what the ________ will look like today.
Part 5: Find the misspelled word (10 points
21. The sargent has worked with the city for almost twenty years.
22. What time does the plain land?
23. I got a paper cut from the envalope.
24. Last night I heard the saddest tall tail.
25. Each Christmas we rap ten gifts.
Before Submitting please
confirm the following:
(you only need to